"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 9, 2013

There once was a chicken...

in our yard!
Even though we live smack dab in the middle of the city and we have a fence around it and none of our neighbors own chickens!
This explains my shock when I came outside and found our dog, chasing one on Saturday.
Bree
That shock was evidenced by the fact that apparently I screamed 'What should I do?' to one of my boys, who yelled back something about grabbing Bree being a good idea. ; )
Bree ended up getting a mouthful of tail feathers, but thankfully not the chicken.
In a brief one moment of insanity, I thought we should keep it but Hubby quickly vetoed that idea


    and we headed off to the neighborhood pond to give her a home


  with all the other fowl, which appeared to be only ducks and cranes.


When, out of nowhere, came 5 roosters! 


            Yay, the chicken can join her own kind!

Except at the moment she was set down this rooster decided she was his and all that that implied. 
Oh.My.
The.Animal.Kingdom.
The terrified chicken ran for cover inside a random cinder block.

Here they are! 
Being the city slicker, I am, I yelled to the kids to "do something!" And she was rescued a second time that day! Then we drove her to a safer part of the pond, where only ducks lived, and left her to reCOOPerate. ; ) And live happily ever after....or until the roosters find her.

I drove home happy that I only own a dog. Amen!
                                                                      The End!
                                                                        ~Becky

No comments: