"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 30, 2013

Fire, Farkle, food, football and a few other things that don't start with the letter 'F'

Our youth group had their 4th annual retreat last weekend.
-The first year they did the retreat, one of our boys suggested they use the song Fix You by Coldplay and they did and the name stuck! This year they had a promo photo contest which our daughter won with this picture:


She was given a free trip to the retreat and our checkbook rejoiced! She had a lot of help from her brothers and a hose near by! (and praying parents) ; )
 (Zac and his buddy did this with their girlfriends initials while camping for a week this summer and that is where the idea came from) It sounded like they were a little hesitant to declare her the winner of this photo contest, lest everyone try it at home and burn down their houses. I was a little nervous myself when I heard how many middle school aged boys came up to her and asked her how it was done. LOL 

Andrew's best friend flew back for the retreat and stayed with us for a few days and it was just like old times around here again!

About 200 kids attended the retreat and it was amazing as always. Adults were praying and fasting and giving! -85 students who couldn't afford to go were sponsored! Eternal destinies were changed and God moved in teens lives in a powerful way. I love, love, love when that happens!

The son who is far away, finally got Internet in his condo. (Yay!!!!)
This momma got to SEE her son this week! Whoo-hoo!  (I will survive now) : )

Hubby wasn't home during the fun, so I filled him in on the details and added 'he looks the same.' To which he said 'Of course he does, it has only been one month.' LOL -Well, I've never gone a whole month without seeing one of our kids  before, so who knew! ; )
I had some technical difficulties though, due to the size of my tablet. (which my kids keep reminding me is a cheap one) Nate could only see my left eye and my nose on the screen!!! How attractive is that?!
-Our kiddos helped me out and I learned that I have to be a good 3 to 4 feet away from the tablet for my whole face to show in that tiny box while Skyping. Too funny. It certainly won't show any wrinkles I may develop from that distance, so I guess it could totally work for good. ; )

Here's our daughter who was right about to try out for the choir in this photo. There were 50 people trying out and only 20 spots available...

and she made it! Yay! 

Friday night was Family Game Night and we are pretty much crazy about the dice game Farkle. We also cored apples and rolled them in cinnamon and sugar and covered them with pie dough and baked them. Then we ate them with ice cream and played more Farkle.

Saturday night was our Date Night. A pretty much unforgettable night, because there is nothing worse than walking out to your car after dinner to find out that someone lost their Olive Garden right below your car door!!! There were pretty much no words! It almost made me loose mine! Oh my stars!

Sunday, we worshiped and watched plenty of football. (I actually watched Call the Midwife, but I was near by and fist bumping when necessary) ; )

~Becky

No comments: