"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 10, 2013

The Hair Disaster of 2013

That title pretty much sums it up!
On Thursday, I thought I would color my hair a SMIDGE darker than usual, 
but the box LIED
and it came out many, many shades darker...as in jet black, a color I'm pretty sure God never intended me to have because it makes me look sooo pale.
My sweet hubby tried to convince me that I 'always look cute' but it wasn't working. 
I tried a gazillion things to get it back to normal, none of which worked. I didn't want to pay to have it bleached at a salon, so I kept thinking, maybe I'll just live with it and pretend that I want to look all Emo or Goth or whatever. LOL

I joined Anne Shirley in 'the depths of despair' 


and it was all my poor family heard me talk about all weekend. 
Sunday was coming and the thought of going to church was freaking me out.

 Then Hubby thought of this "helpful" solution: 

"As I see it, your best strategy is to go into church late, you know, after praise and worship has started when they've already dimmed the lights."
Oh my word! That did not help. LOL! 
(but it is a statement that I will remember and laugh over, all my days!) 

In a last ditch effort, I got up early Sunday morning and dyed it another time
 (don't ask me what number this is) 
and got a color a smidge lighter than black which meant I felt OK enough to go to church on time. ; )
Thank the Lord!
After the Sunday night service, a sweet young man was telling us that we are 'the coolest parents around' and then "Hey did you dye your hair? It looks good."
Hubby thought that was a fitting way to end the weekend that was The Hair Disaster of 2013. 

~Becky

No comments: