"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 1, 2013

Big news!

Our daughter, who was interning at the cafe/bakery got a PAYING job there this week!
 Whoo-hoo!
 -She was hand spinning milkshakes when I came to pick her up. She loves it!
She needs to memorize the menu which is filled with amazing sandwiches and soups so I suggested we 'play restaurant.' ; )  Anyone else do that as a kid? I am from southern CA so I always made mud tacos! I've been placing imaginary orders with her, which makes me hungry, something the dirt tacos never did! LOL

Our son, who was offered a paid position as an intern in a youth ministry in CA, is taking the job and leaving.
Boo-hoo!
We are very happy for him. -Just sad because we will miss him so much. We all feel it is God's will for him. But it is going to be hard on this MOM. I am taking comfort in the fact that he will:
-be near my best friend, who loves him like one of her own kids
-that my oldest friend in the world will be his boss
 -that he won't be more than 2 hours away from our wonderful extended FAMILY
(remind me of these things when I'm bawling my eyes out, OK?) : )

So, the month of August will be a busy one. We'll be launching out our first child into the world and taking another (3 month) turn in care-giving in our home for our relative who is stroke patient.

~Becky


No comments: