"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 4, 2012

A bit of insanity

I remember a worn out little card that my dad used to carry around in his wallet which had a cartoon picture of a man pulling out his hair and it said: "Insanity is inherited. You get from your kids." -Which makes me wonder now if I was quite a handful. ; )

One of the things that throws us for a loop around here is when one of the boys uses our bathroom when Joy and I are trying to get ready. Maybe because it takes us a lot longer than it takes them to get ready. Amen? I'm pretty sure they do it because we keep our bathroom much cleaner than they keep theirs. : )
So, the other day when our schedule was in danger of getting all out of whack and a certain boy was showering in our bathroom and not theirs, I knocked on the door and said "You are suppose to use your bathroom." To which I heard this muffled reply: 
"Its not written in stone!"
And that is how I found myself writing "Use your own bathroom" with permanent marker on a rock and handing it to him later! ; ) 
-Now it is! 
Becky

No comments: