"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 14, 2012

Who I said 'I do' to:

Twenty one years ago, I married a man who loved Jesus more than anyone or anything else...
A man who made sure there was some spiritual aspect to all of our dates.
A man who prayed that whether we married each other or someone else, we would always be "rich in faith."
A man who didn't kiss me until he put a promise ring on my finger and promised to marry me, "if it was God's will."
A man who had us kneel in prayer, in the corner of the airport, after our honeymoon and ask God to use our new life together for His glory.
A man who daily "loves his wife like Christ loves the church."

Thank you, John, for who you are and who you've always been!
 I don't know how I got so blessed to have you, but I'm sooooo thankful that God somehow caused you to fall in love with me on that bike ride to Burger King during spring break! ; )

~Becky

No comments: