"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 29, 2012

The happenings

Due to reading Eric Metaxes books on Bonhoeffer and Wilberforce, and the fact that those two men are my current absolute heroes, I am having a cozy night in and watching Valkyrie and maybe even Amazing Grace, (if I can stay awake which is doubtful) while I knit. (our newest Hats of Hope project means we need lots and lots of hats for children living at a childrens' home in NC)
And I'm recovering from a mega slumber party last night. The annual girls ministries sleepover with 70 girls and 15 mom/sponsors. It was a blast. Best one yet! As much as I love every minute, I'm smart enough after 9 years of these to hit the road around midnight and come back in the morning to help out with breakfast. I think my own bed is worth the drive. : ) My high school girls' class was in charge of fixing EVERYONE breakfast and they were up and at it at 5:30 AM doing a fabulous job along with some other awesome women. So proud of them. I slept in my own bed but didn't sleep well since I was just sure that I would sleep through my alarm and miss getting up at 5:00 AM and heading over there. I didn't though, hooray!

Have a great evening! Yawn!
~Becky


No comments: