"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 19, 2012

Wednesdays in the Word

The Unkind Friend:

"When God looks completely shrouded, will you hang on in confidence in Him?" ~Oswald Chambers

I've read the following passage many times but when I read this in My Utmost for His Highest it gave me one of those 'Ah ha' moments and I understood it in a new light. I hope it does the same for you and encourages you like it did me.

See Luke 11:5-8

"Jesus gave the illustration of the man who looked as if he did not care for his friend, and He said that that is how the Heavenly Father will appear to you at times. You will think He is an unkind friend, but remember He is not; the time will come when everything will be explained."
" 'Everyone that asks receiveth.' It may not look that way at the moment but stand in faith believing that what Jesus said is true, though in the meantime, you do not understand what God is doing. He has bigger issues at stake than the particular things you ask." ~ Oswald Chambers

So, if it looks like there is a 'cloud on the friendship of the heart' between you and God, remember His character, His promises and His love that drove Him to the cross for you and hang on... Looks can be deceiving!

~Becky

1 comment:

Miss Janet said...

Thank you for that.

It doesn't come often but I'm in that moment right now.

Blessings,

Janet

www.homeward4.blogspot.com