"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 10, 2012

In which I accidentally bless my hubby's socks off

Since football season has started, you will occasionally hear my hubby singing
"It's the most wonderful time of the year" around the house without any thought of Christmas.  ; )

A couple months ago, I bought a Groupon for a restaurant near our church. It was $10 for $20 worth of food. And I love a deal! So we decided to use it Saturday night. And guess what?
It
turned
out
to
be
a
sports
bar.
I was a little shocked when we walked in because it was SOO loud. And I was thinking 'Wow! Not coming here again.' And 3 minutes later, I hear my hubby saying "I love this place!"
And then,
"Let's buy another Groupon and come here again!"  LOL 

Maybe it was the 8 TVs within view playing different Florida games or getting to see the Gators beat the Aggies or eating the best hamburgers we've ever tasted, which were as big as our faces, while USF beat Nevada.

The waitress almost dropped my water when a man who was screaming for the Bulls scared her (and I both). He was the loudest person in the restaurant and I happened to be with the second loudest one. LOL
Then some guys came in who made a big fuss about that fact that the game they wanted to see wasn't on any of the screens. Hubby was trying to pull himself away from the Rays game when I told him we couldn't leave until we found out what game it was that they wanted to see that wasn't on the 10 nearest TVs!
And He didn't mind one bit staying longer. ; )  It turned out to be USC vs. Syracuse. 

So glad that my guy, who just happened to give his entire Saturday to work for free at an orphanage, got blessed tonight ...even if it was by accident!
That man loves Jesus and some football!

~Becky


1 comment:

Miss Janet said...

Oh, that is hilarious! I told my husband what your's was singing. He lol!

:) Blessings,

Janet