"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 11, 2012

Wednesdays in the Word

Titus 2:3-5

I think I've made it to 'older woman' stage of life since I'm in my 40's. -Although, I would be happy to be numbered among the 'young women' for like ever, if that were possible. lol

"the older women likewise... be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things" 


"admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed."


What struck me recently about this passage is,
 that in my life, I need to be a "teacher of good things." 
Does my life teach the women younger than myself  'good things?' Does 'good' describe the things I talk about? And the things I do?

From this passage we also understand that we have a responsibility to help the next generation learn how to love their children, love and obey their husbands, be homemakers, be good and discreet.

And here's the kicker, if the women of God (young or old) don't have these qualities, than the word of God is "blasphemed."
Here are some definitions I came across for blasphemy:
"Insulting or showing lack of reverence for a deity." "Irreverence for something considered sacred."

 -Wow and ouch! Something to think about.

~Becky


No comments: