"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 2, 2012

The big Fine Arts weekend

It was time for National Fine Arts Districts this past weekend! Nathan was on a human video team and in a worship band.
Zac's best friend decided to coach a human video team this year and Zac was his assistant. -These sweet guys, who go to school full time and work 20 or more hrs a week, gave up a bunch of their free time for 4 months, to pour into some other kids lives. Proud of them!

They had a showcase the other night for all the parents who wouldn't be traveling to Districts in Ormond Beach. I was pretty much stuck in the lobby the whole time selling snow cones as a fundraiser but I did get to see Nathan's human video. -The very first snow cone I made sent blue syrup flying right at my face. Such fun! ; ) Anyway, we were SO surprised that Nathan had a 'solo' in his human video, because he had kept it a secret to surprise us all. It was awesome.

Afterwards, he said, "Mom, I thought of you the whole time I was doing it and wanted to make you proud." (what a sweetheart who melts my heart and always makes me proud!) : )
Then he said  "But, I dropped God." I assured him that I couldn't tell! -Then we had a little laugh about how funny that sounded.

Zac said that "Nate knocked it out of the park!" Yay!  (obviously 'God was not dropped' during the real thing) ; )

We watched it again as a family last night and after all these years, I still have a hard time interpreting them. Here's a perfect example, I said 'I liked how you guys did the water' and Zac said 'that is grass.' lol (then Andrew gave me some good advice about being quiet. bahaha)
I, oh so love human videos even if I don't catch everything...They are powerful!

This human video is about having relentless faith! They portray the faith of David, who stepped out in faith to go against Goliath, the faith of Job in hard times and the faith of Jonah, to believe God loved him even when he didn't obey... Enjoy! Here is the link to his team's performance at Districts:

We are excited to say that his worship band made it to Nationals in Kentucky this summer! : )
~Becky

No comments: