"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 3, 2011

Pizza Wednesdays!

Every Wednesday is homemade pizza night!


The other night I made these amazing quesadillas! I'd never grilled pineapple before and it is amazing.
Oh canned pineapple, I will never buy you again!
I used the left-overs on our pizza!!! And it was fabulous!

Not all pizza nights are this spectacular for sure. Usually they are made
in a big hurry because we have church and I hope that no one has snacked on all the pepperoni. But tonight, I have two sick boys and am staying home, so I had time to go all out.

We had a bacon and pepperoni one for the kids. A BBQ one with purple onions and BBQ chicken. (which was actually leftover turkey from a celebration I cooked for over the weekend) You have to try it. It is another one of the Pioneer Woman's and it rocks the world! : )
The third pizza was half pepperoni and half pineapple, red onions, mushrooms and tomatoes. It was heavenly. That one was for hubby and I but I forgot that he is fasting again.
(he fasts a day (30 hrs) a week and prays for one of our kids in particular) Today he was praying and fasting for Nathan. Anyway, he can have the leftovers on Friday!


Here is my favorite dough recipe which is on a really ragged (I mean well-loved) piece of paper. Since I can barely read it, it will be nice to know it is on the blog!
(this makes dough for three large pizzas)

2 cups of warm water
1 pack of yeast
4 T of olive oil
1 1/2 cups of white flour
2 cups of wheat flour - I love to grinding my own wheat!
1 tsp of salt

Add the water to a bowl, then the yeast, oil, flour and salt and mix with a dough hook (or by hand) for 5 min. Let rise for one hour.
Easy!
Enjoy!

~Becky

No comments: