"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 2, 2011

Living lean for the King

Our church had a youth revival last week. (3 nights of youth services)
We were believing God to do awesome things in the lives of the teens, which He absolutely did, but more on that later.

To see that happen, all the youth workers were asked to pray and fast for the whole week.
A liquid fast.
For five days.
Ouch! ; )

It was really a challenge! -I was kind of wishing I could go to sleep on Monday and wake up on Friday. ha ha
I'm thankful that:

~A mixture of lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper are gross but totally give you energy!
~That my kiddos were patient with my lack of patience during our school days. Everyone did a little suffering for Jesus that week. lol
~My hubby and I gave each other lots of grace. Married couples probably shouldn't fast at the same time for a week! Just kidding!
~That I only had to home school, I can't imagine doing the manual labor my hubby did that week on only liquids. God bless him!

But what I'm most thankful for is what God did in those three services. There were teens running up to the front to be prayed for and who were weeping over their sins and wanting to change their lives and put God first. It was absolutely incredible. Our boys play in the worship band and I know this will be something they will always remember. The presence of God showed up in such an amazing way!
And so did the kids for that matter. -We expected 50 teens to come the first night but we were totally wrong. Over 200 came every night! It was beautiful!
The whole thing was... well, indescribable,
so I give up. : )

"Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
to undo heavy burdens,
to let the oppressed go free...
Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer..." Is. 58


~Becky, who is still praising 'the Lord who answered!' AMEN!

No comments: