"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 9, 2010

The surprise was on me

So, Friday night I drove our oldest boys to a surprise party and guess what happened?
-You couldn't guess if you tried, because in this case, my reality seems to be better than fiction! ; )


The road to the house where the party was at turned out to be blocked for road work. (how come no one mentioned that on the invitation?!) And my GPS was showing that it was the ONLY road to this house. (which turned out not to be accurate, lucky for all the other guests) And the people throwing the party were to busy doing just that to text us back.

So, I parked and we decided to walk the rest of the way, which looked to be just around the corner, but it totally wasn't!
And then walking turned into jogging ...because we were late and the boys didn't want to walk in at the same time as the birthday girl and ruin the surprise.
And since jogging isn't something I do well in flip flops, we parted ways when there was an 8th of a mile left to go.
I headed back to the car and that is when it started to hit me that I didn't exactly (or even remotely) remember the name of the street I left my car on! UGH!
That meant the GPS in my hand was no longer of any help.
Then I found out that the cell phone in my purse was dead and no longer of any help.
So, there I was walking around a thankfully (or I may have panicked) very nice subdivision hunting for my car for awhile!!! And it was starting to get dark!
~Explaining to some neighborly people I borrowed a phone from, that I was not really lost, but that I had just lost my car was an interesting experience....
(and I'm hoping they don't think I was on drugs! lol)

After many prayers and more walking, I spied it behind a big bull-dozer and all was eventually well!
It was a good reminder that I'm never alone and that "He leads in paths of righteousness for His name's sake" -even if it does take awhile. : )

~Becky

No comments: