"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

March 25, 2010

Muffin mania

So, I've decided that making bread is too time consuming and muffins are my new love!
(maybe because I don't have a bread machine and do it the old fashioned way) : )

No butter or honey are required by my kiddos when they pop one in their mouths for quick, easy, healthy snacks! And they are so EASY.

This is the basic muffin recipe that I've been using and then I add things to it.
It is from the Bread Beckers.

2 1/4 cups fresh milled flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 oil
1/2 honey

Measure dry ingredients into mixing bowl. Add liquids and mix just until well blended. Drop by spoonfuls into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 15 min.


My hubby and I are trying to stay away from white sugar. Actually, he's trying and I'm failing. : ) I think muffins made with honey instead of sugar are just as tasty!


First batch:
I added two mashed bananas, 2 T. flax and 2 T. millet and walnuts! My hubby thought these were the BEST!

Next batch:
One apple (diced), 1 c. of dried cranberries, 2 T. of flax seeds
(Joy noticed the millet as being one of the same things that Jimmy eats











so I left it out this time. lol)
I thought these were the BEST!

Waiting for blueberries go on sale!

-Love to hear what your favorite muffin recipes are!

~Becky

No comments: