"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 29, 2009

Oswald Chambers for all of us A Types : )

"Naturally, we are inclined to be so mathematical and calculating that we look upon uncertainty as a bad thing.
We imagine that we have to reach some end, but that is not the nature of spiritual life.
The nature of the spiritual life is that we are certain in our uncertainty....
Certainty is the mark of the common-sense life: gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life.
To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in our ways, we do not know what a day may bring forth.
This is generally said with a sigh of sadness, it should be rather an expression of breathless expectation.
We are uncertain of the next step but we are certain of God. (Amen)
Immediately we abandon to God, and do the duty that lies nearest...
He packs our life with surprises all the time... : )
We are not uncertain of God, but uncertain of what He is going to do next... (Yes)
When we are rightly related to God, life is full of spontaneous, joyful uncertainty and expectancy." (Hallelujah!)

~Becky
(excerpts taken from My Utmost for His Highest)

2 comments:

Miss Janet said...

Hello! I would like you to know that I received a Creative Blog Award and am passing it on to you!!

You can pick it up here:
http://homeschoolercafe.blogspot.com/2009/04/creative-blog-award.html

I really enjoy your blog!

Love,
Janet

Jenny said...

I came across your site while surfing mommy sites and I like it. I'm bookmarking you for visiting again. I also invite you to drop by my site for visit as well. :) Hope to see you there.