"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 1, 2009

Friendship

All friends are special but lately I've been thinking about how special old friends are.
I'm blessed to have a dear friend who I've known since college.
She has been coming to visit me wherever I've lived, for the past 20 years.

That means:
We were friends when we were both single.
We watched God move in each other's lives to give us our wonderful husbands.
We were in each other's weddings.
We love each other's kids and think they are wonderful.
Our husbands love to be together as much as we do.
We've watched our kids become great friends.
We know each other's extended family members and have prayed for them over the years.
We've always been crazy about the Lord together.
~And no matter how long we go between visits, we just pick up right where we left off!

What a blessing!

~Becky

2 comments:

Liesa said...

What a treasure!

Susan said...

I have a dear friend like that and now I am watching and helping her go through a nasty divorce.