"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 21, 2008

Wednesdays in the Word

I think God wants us to partner our faith with His power to see things happen!

In Mark 6: 56 it says: "Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them."
(We can only wonder and imagine what He would've liked to have done in that place!)
Their unbelief was the reason He chose to be limited in what He did there. It says "He marveled because of their unbelief."
Don't you think we still make Him "marvel" about that today?

Mark 9: 14-30 tells the story of the boy with an evil spirit that the disciples could not "drive out." His father said to Jesus "But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us."
And I love what Jesus says because it reminds me that the problem of course, is not with Him or His ability or willingness, its with us!
The missing factor is our belief...
' "If you can?" said Jesus. (I think I might of been a little bit offended right then if I was the Lord) ; )
"Everything is possible for him who believes." '
And that dear father says "I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief."
Amen! Me too!

~Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

帳號的設計 要有什麼經驗
發問者: Hokkiao ( 實習生 5 級)
發問時間: 2008-10-07 06:59:19 ( 還有 1 天發問到期 )
解答贈點: 20 ( 共有 0 人贊助 )
回答:
2 意見: 0
[ 檢舉 ]
zycxxcz1234.blogspot.com

方案 : 一ㄍ 【WRETCH】 categorization分類 TRANSFER->一ㄍ [BLOGSPOT] ID帳號








NATIONAL TAIWANUNIVERSITY
IWANNA