"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 26, 2008

A new project

These handmade pieces of wood were being thrown away at my hubby's job sight recently. They are pine and maple. Aren't they intricate and pretty? Hard to believe they were considered trash.









They caught my hubby's eye and he brought them home. He has a vision to make them into a piece of entryway furniture! (that's what they are called when you look them up on the web. We call it a 'coat hanger.') : )

I would've been happy with something like this:









But he is going to make something similar to this:











~I'm so excited!






















Those discarded pieces of wood reminded me of God's love.
It's extravagant, isn't it? He so sweetly lavishes us with it.
We are His craftsmanship created in Christ Jesus to be like Him...
~Becky

2 comments:

Susan said...

Awesome post. You are so right he is the craftsman and can mold us into something beautiful.

Jamie said...

WOW!! What a talented Hunny you have!! I can't wait to see pics of the final product!
-at the library