"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 13, 2008

A recipe exchange

Our home school support group is having a recipe exchange tomorrow night!
It sounds like a lot of fun.
We are each making a favorite dish of some kind for everyone to try and then making the recipe available for ladies to take home with them.
I am bringing some muffins that I enjoy making in the fall. Someone at work made these for my hubby and he LOVED them so much, he said "My wife has to have that recipe!" Today they made my youngest kiddo declare that "these are the best thing you've ever made in your life, Mom. I'm serious!"And they caused my oldest to volunteer to do some work for me in exchange for more muffins! Whoo-hoo!
Here they are:
Pumpkin Butterscotch Mini Muffins

1 stick of butter
1 ¾ c. of flour
½ c. sugar
½ c. brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
2 large eggs

Melt butter in bowl and aside to cool. In large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir. In another bowl combine sugars, butter, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla to melted butter and stir.Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Do not over mix. Stir in butterscotch chips. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill tin ¾ full and bake at 350 for 15 min. Makes 40 mini muffins.
And thanks to Joy, I have THE cutest potholders to bake with! She's been making these lately and I just love them!
~Becky

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Those must be some GOOD muffins!! I can't wait to try them!!