"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 6, 2008

A New Hobby

Since I find myself waiting for my drummer at band practices a couple times a week, I thought I needed a new hobby...
Sarah at the In the Midst of it is always making the cutest projects and she's inspired me to give knitting a try.
It think it will be a fun, take-anywhere hobby. -Much easier than carrying around a bulky quilt to work on!!!
~And a lot cheaper than buying a laptop so I can blog on-the-go. LOL

I've been dying to learn for awhile now. I was going to take a class at Michael's but I just kept thinking that if I kept looking I would find someone who would be able to teach me and I'd save myself $25.

With some of my birthday money from my sweet parents, I bought a beginning knitting kit!
It included a book called "I taught Myself to Knit." Which so far hasn't been true of me. Too bad!
Then I thought about You Tube! Sure enough, they had beginning knitting videos but I still couldn't get the hang of it.

So, I just had to console myself in the fact that having this in your living room looks cute and cozy, even if you can't actually do it yet. LOL!


Until yesterday when my friend's daughter gave me a lesson after church! I was so excited!

I think she had to show me about 10 or 15 times, but she was very patient and I finally got it!!!!! I think I learned 'casting on.' (???)

Anyway, it was great fun and I can't wait for my next lesson.

Joy caught on MUCH quicker than I did and she really enjoyed it so we are soon to be knitting buddies! : )

~Becky

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good luck!! I always thought knitting looked very complicated!! That is a very cute basket at any rate!!!