"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 27, 2016

Wednesdays in the Word

I read this in Stuff Christians Like, the other day, and couldn't help thinking of it later when I was reading in the Old Testament.
LOL

"For Christians, it's completely okay to watch R-rated movies, but only if they got that rating because of violence. If they are R because someone is getting their head cut off or there's a battle scene that's so gory, blood splashes on the camera lens, don't worry. God's cool with that. However, if the movie is rated R because of sexuality...well, I hope you enjoy your fold-out couch bed in hell. It's gonna be a hot one, my friend. A hot one, indeed. 
I'm not sure where this rule came from, but it's true. Not only do Christians watch violent R-rated movies, we'll quote them from the pulpit, build sermon series around them-even show clips from them during the service. I call it the Braveheart Rule, and my theory is that it's because of the Old Testament. Have you ever read any of the Old Testament? It's hardcore..."  ðŸ˜‰
~Jonathan Acuff

Yes, it is hardcore! And 1 Samuel 18 is a good example of that, especially the part about how David won his wife. Blah!

But the reason I like this chapter is because of what it shows about David's character.
Check out the way he conducted himself:

"So David went out wherever Saul sent him, and behaved wisely." v. 5

"And David behaved wisely in all his ways, and the Lord was with him." v.14

"So it was, whenever they went out, that David behaved more wisely than all the servants of Saul, so that his name became highly esteemed." v. 30

I pray these verses for me kids, and hope they will do the same.

Minus all the blood and guts, of course!😂
~Becky

No comments: