"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 26, 2016

Special memories shared

When we were planning my husband's memorial service, we knew that there would probably be too many attendees to invite people to speak, but our daughter had a great idea of having note cards and pens present so that people could share their memories with us that way! The church had beautiful cards made for that purpose and we received almost 200 of them!
They are so special and we treasure them.
We just haven't been up for reading them yet.

Then the other day, after my quiet time, I felt the Lord put those cards on my heart and I read the first 10 or so of them.
Some were written by people that are a part of our church family and they wrote about the impact that my hubby had on their sons in the class of K-3rd grade boys that he taught for many years.
There were some from those boys, themselves, who are now teens and young adults, saying how much he encouraged them.
And there was one from a co-worker, who said he was the "truest example of a Christian they'd ever encountered! I loved that!
I loved them all!

But
then
 I
read
this
one
from someone who didn't sign their name:


"I don't really have too many memories, but I remember thinking I want my husband to look at me the way he looked at Becky." 


And I burst into some very happy tears!
I can't even describe how much that meant to me!

Thank you, Anonymous Friend, for saying that and for making my day! (my week and my month!)
Much love!!!!!
~Becky

No comments: