"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 23, 2015

Wednesdays in the Word

This verse has been coming to mind a lot lately:

"In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong."  ~Job 1:22
I love that!
So many of us 'charge God with wrong' when bad things happen. Not to mention the bad wrap He gets for all the natural disasters and all the horrible things that happen in this fallen world. (the key is 'fallen')

I played the 'mad at God' card, years ago and it was such a nowhere road.
Eventually, He changed my perspective on the situation and then all I could do was thank Him, because His hand was so evident after all. It just had not happened the way that I thought that it should...

More from Job...

"God is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened himself against Him and prospered?" ~Job 9:4

~Pretty sure, the answer is 'no one!' I know that I didn't.

Here's the thing:

"He does great things past finding out, yes wonders without number." ~Job 9:10 

He does so many things that we are totally unaware of!

"I will forget my complaint. I will put off my sad face and wear a smile." ~Job 9:27 

Great advice, from a guy who had every reason not to smile! : )

~Becky

No comments: