"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 2, 2015

Wednesdays in the Word

When I think about what part of the Word is impacting me right now, these things come to mind:

When Hubby was in the hospital, I carried this verse in my pocket everyday because I didn't have time to memorize it and it gave me comfort.
"I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation." ~Psalm 91:516 

When we got home, we got a list of all the verses in the Bible on healing and we read and pray them several times a day. 

 On the first day of chemo, I took a picture of the sunrise and the Lord kept putting a verse on my heart about "the Sun of Righteousness" the whole time I was looking at it. 


Once he got started on the treatment, I googled it and then...bawled my eyes out when I read this:
"But for you who fear My name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in His wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy..." Mal.4:12


Sunday, Hubby felt up for going to church and before the service we arranged to have a James 5:14 moment. 
"Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven."

Except that we didn't "call for the elders" we texted. : )

~Becky

No comments: