"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 7, 2015

The missing letter

Hubby wrote me a love letter to read during the surgery at a specific time. How sweet and thoughtful was that?!
But things kind of went wrong in the delivery of that letter
that will probably make us laugh in years to come.come

Hubby gave the letter to one of our kids and told them what time to give it to me and he wrote it on the envelope too, in case they forgot. He wanted me to have it 'in case the surgery went LONG.' But, this dear kiddo thought he meant 'in case the surgery goes wrong!' Oh, my stars!

So, when Hubby came to and I was finally able to see him, the first thing he said was 'Did you get the letter?' and I didn't know what he was talking about!!!
Since the surgery went well, they never gave it to me or even mentioned it. Oh my goodness, what a mix up!!!

I guess they thought it was an: 'If you are reading this then that means I didn't make it' kind of letter. LOL
But it was a sweet letter to comfort me and to remind me of how awesome our future together is, when this is all over. :-) Amen!

~Becky

No comments: