"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 24, 2014

Wednesdays in the Word





This is going to be my theme song for this cancer journey.

This line, is the line I plan to be humming and remembering as the chemo and radiation start.

"Jesus you reign

You reign over all of this."

I made a promise to myself not to go down the dead-end road of being mad at God about any of this. We live in a fallen world full of diseases.
I have had my low moments though when I totally want a bumper sticker that says "Cancer sucks." ; )

But I know that God is sovereign and He reigns over everything! And since we love God, we know that this IS "going to work together for good" in our lives. One of those 'good' things is going to be causing us to become more like Christ through this.

The very best part of any dark time is that HE IS WITH US in whatever we may be going through.

"Be strong and of good courage, do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Remember"He reigns over all of it."
Hugs,

~Becky

No comments: