"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 3, 2014

Some sad news

Today I read two letters from our Compassion child.
Dayana is 16 now and we became her sponsors when she was in preschool. The first letter said that her mother had an overdose of the medication the doctor gave her for an illness and it took the 'strength out of her muscles.' (and gave her another condition, the name of which seems to have been lost in the translation process) So, this dear girl was making regular trips with her mother to the doctor by carrying her. So sad! And the next letter said that her mother had passed away. Tragic!
Her father left them and moved to another country last year. -Thankfully, he has been visiting her regularly. I believe she is living with her older sister now.

I wish I could do more than pray. We decided that we would send an extra donation specifically marked for her family and the good news is that the company my hubby works for, will match our donation, because they are awesome like that. Yay!

In her letter she asked me if I'd ever lost a loved one. I can definitely relate to her pain since my mom died when I was seven. I'm praying that the "God of all comfort" will be with her as He was with me, way back then.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Cor 1:3-5

He is faithful!

~Becky

No comments: