"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 26, 2013

When one flies the coop

I'm really thankful for the sweet friends who've messaged me this week and let me know that they were praying for me as I experience my first child "flying the coop." What a blessing those prayers have been. These dear ladies have been through this already and have been so sweet. -I got a kick out of the one who offered to get together to cry with me! (how sweet is that!?) They shared a lot of wisdom about what this process of letting go is like and how we really wouldn't change a thing about what our kids are doing, we are just mourning the end of the season of motherhood we are in...

This has made me really thankful for technology and all the ways we have to stay in contact that I didn't have when I went away to school!
 -The only phones available to us, were the 2 payphones that 50+ girls on our dorm room floor had to share!!! We were all homesick and the lines to use those phones sometimes extended down the hallway. I wanted to be in those lines, but studying in the hallway didn't work for me, so I didn't call home nearly as often as I wanted to.
And speaking of technology, I'm happy to say I have a bit of it now.
-A tablet to Skype the one who flew the coop (hooray!) and to read eBooks while I wait for kiddos at their various practices. (good riddance to my book-light from the dollar store!) ; )

Since there's been so much talk of "coops" lately, that I thought I'd share a few:




 Apparently there are some seriously blessed chickens in the world.



LOL!

 ~Becky

No comments: