"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 4, 2013

My empty nest therapy


Our first child is flying the coop in 14 days! : (
Sometimes I randomly cry about it for about a minute and then go on with life. Our nest is far from empty, of course, but it is still sooo hard and I'm going to miss him soooo much!

Here's what I've been doing for 'therapy':

1. This song!  It makes everything all better!



2. Buying frames and hanging photos of our kids!
Its been fun to pick out my favorite senior pictures, grad pictures and baby pictures and put them up. -At this rate, by the time our 4th one leaves, it just might look like a photography studio or a shrine around here. ; )
And here's my secret strategy to save money: The frames on the walls in high traffic areas were on clearance at Ross. The ones that are high up on the shelves are from the Dollar Store. Shhh!

3. Long talks and prayer times with my hubby. I'm so grateful for the fabulous dad he is and that this is just as hard for him as it is for me.

4. Throwing a going away party!


This included 30 teenagers, chocolate mustaches, water balloon volleyball, regular volleyball  and a whole lot of pizzas!






5. And my favorite: Hearing my hubby say: "Nate, the best way to get your mom through this is for us to do whatever it takes to buy you a plane ticket home for Christmas, so find out when you can come and let us know."
Hooray!!!! Now that's some good "therapy!" : )
Love, love, love that man!

Looking forward to Christmas now!
~Becky

No comments: