"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 23, 2012

Oh Hollywood!

I had the pleasure of teaching the high school girls' class tonight at church. I actually didn't have to teach though. They had just studied Esther and were scheduled to watch "One night with the King."
What an easy night to be a sub! And what fun! -Sit around, drink hot chocolate, eat something yummy, (or at least watch them) while watching a movie with 7 great girls! (one of whom is mine!)  -'Yes, please! Ask me anytime!' ; )

So, I haven't seen that movie but once and it was AGES ago...

I just couldn't keep my mouth shut at one point and had to interrupt the movie to say that:
 "The REAL Esther would NOT have been making plans to run off to Jerusalem in a caravan with some guy!" lol
How lame can Hollywood be when it comes to the story of Esther? : )
Joy and I had a good laugh over my interruption later, because she wasn't a bit surprised that I HAD to speak up.
I enjoyed the rest of the movie though, loved the gorgeous costumes, enjoyed the sweet girls and was blessed when a mom said that this class is changing her daughter's life. (awesome to hear even though I was only a sub!) God is good!


Blessings!
~Becky

No comments: