"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 27, 2012

A new missions project which may be TMI


Every winter, Joy and I are blessed with a group, that the Lord rounds up, of sweet moms and daughters, and we knit as many hats as possible for missionaries to pass out to children on a Native American reservation in South Dakota for Christmas. We call it Hats of Hope. -Love it! It is so much fun! We do this from Aug to Nov. -Knitting and fall just go together in my mind now.

Since it is just barely even winter here in FL right now, (and sometimes it is 80 degrees even though it is February!) it is NOT knitting weather in my mind. : ) So, I got excited about another missions project which presented itself now that I have my sewing machine fixed.
It isn't as fun per se, because it isn't one you really want to talk about...

(said in a whispering voice) I'm sewing sanitary napkins.

They are going to be passed out by a missionary who goes into a womens prison in Africa to share the gospel. These women have NOTHING. And especially not anything easy and disposable like we do in the good ol' U.S. of A..
So, the great thing about these, apparently, is that they can be washed and reused. (TMI, I know!) But, way better than NOTHING and very soft since they are made of flannel.

I kind of feel like I'm working on a secret project, because you just can't leave those finished products out in plain sight when teens are popping over all the time. ; )
My boys have all asked me what I'm sewing and then may or may not have ended up putting their hands over their ears half way through my explanation and walked away.

-Speaking of this,
our puppy is in heat! (more TMI, I know)
My hubby laughed about it on the phone. I think he said something to the effect of, 'Four teens and a stroke patient weren't enough and now you get to add a puppy in heat! Have fun, Honey!'
(yes, the fun never ends around here) Our puppy, Bree, ran out of our gate tonight, with Joy not far behind and yelling to hubby and I for help. But, as she said, we were "too busy making out" to hear me.
So, yeah... life might be next-door to crazy right now,
but at least I get kissed on our front porch every night by a wonderful man!
Certainly THAT can't be too much TMI after everything else you've read! ; )

Blessings,
~Becky

No comments: