"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 11, 2011

A new adventure

My hubby flew to CA to pick up his brother (who had a stroke last year). He is going to be staying with us for the next 8 weeks.

Yesterday, my hubby stayed home from work and the day was all about training us in caring for Phil. We learned all about his brain injury and about the exercises he needs help with so that he can regain movement on his left side. The brain is a fascinating thing.

He is certainly the most patient, patient there is! He's very polite and thankful and easy to serve.

It hit me last night what a gift from God it is to have this time to teach our kids that 'family comes first.' Since we've lived thousands of miles away from our relatives for almost 20 years, we've never had any opportunities to teach them to love and serve their extended family. (we've just had awesome times vacationing together) : )

I'm thankful for this new adventure and what our children will learn from it. -Not to mention it is also a great way to show them how I hope they'll treat me when I'm old. ; )

~Becky

No comments: