"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 17, 2008

Remembering Grand Mum


The other day, I mentioned my mother-in-law and here's a list of things that remind us of her:

~Longaberger baskets
~William Shakespeare
~Herb gardens
~Lavender bouquets
~'Having tea'
~The Rocky Mountain National Park
~The Farmer's Market
~Saltwater taffy
~Brio trains
~Martha Stewart
~Charles Wysocki's paintings
~And everything English

Here she is with our set of her "Grandest of Children" as she called them.

The kids have lots of fun memories of Grand Mum.


She LOVED to sit and talk with the kids and she was always teaching them about something... Shakespeare plays, the names of herbs in her garden, nature, horses, you name it....
~And we often miss her. She was such a blessing to our lives in so many ways!

~Becky

2 comments:

Salar37_Shushan said...

She sounds like a very special lady. Glad you have good memories of her, as so many lack involved, kindly grandparents these days. Sad to hear you are parted until that grand reunion in heaven.

blessings,
Susan in Va (SHS)

Toni said...

That list makes me wish to have known her. I miss my mil as well. I miss the relationship she and my dh treasured together. And I miss her fun and energetic spirit. Thanks for reminding me to occasionally stop to visit the many wonderful memories of her. Love the photos, btw.
Blessings,
~Toni~