"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 15, 2008

The craziest thing happened to our dinner

Last summer I told about this!
And I relived that moment yesterday. Oh Mercy! ~Am I ever cured of doing that now!

It was only drizzling when I started to grill some chicken breasts and I was just sure it would clear up. (famous last words)
It was really raining hard by the time they were ready to come off the grill. My hubby offered to get them but I didn't mind going and one of the boys offered to hold the umbrella for me. I thought I was home free and not very wet at all
(except for looking totally crazy to the neighbors....which by then was a given) but when I stepped inside the house,


I slipped on the tile


and before I knew it my grilled chicken went flying,
the back of my head hit the front door
and I landed with a thud on my tailbone...



But, I saved THE Pfaltzgraff People! : )
I love my plates!

A gift from my dear deceased mother-in-law, way back when...

So even though everything was flying and falling, there I was sprawled on the floor holding a plate up in the air to keep it from breaking. What a sight!!!!!
I scared my poor family! But I was fine as evidenced by my plate related presence of mind. ; )
Anyway, I ended up sitting with some ice on my head and the boys made us all
fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner. ~The love of those are also something my mom-in-law passed on to us...

I've decided that the next time my menu plan calls for grilling and the weather is calling for rain, I'm going to be looking for the skillet and the p/b and j for goodness sake! : )
~Becky

2 comments:

Blessed said...

OH MY GOSH! Bless your heart! and your bottom too. ;-) So glad you are ok, girl!

You need to teach me a class on all of of this. I can't figure out you add pictures like the plates, etc. or how to add those neat click sites on the side of the page. Some day......

Rest well....
Be Blessed,

Jamie said...

Hope your hiney is feeling better!! What are fried PB & J's?