"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 25, 2007

Science fair projects

Our home school group is having a science fair.
Science is really not my thing. (anyone for a history fair?)
At the library the other day, I quickly pounced on a copy of "The Idiot's Guide to Science Fair Projects." -that ought to help. : )

I presented the idea of involvement to my kiddos and to my surprise they wanted to enter!
Here are some of the topics we are exploring:

Electricity
Microwave ovens
Hot air rising

And this original topic: Does video gaming damage your eyes?

Someone (who shall be nameless) would have to test their hypothesis on their DS Lite and/or PS2 for at least 8 hrs. straight. And then we'd have to find an eye doctor who would be willing to donate a before and after eye exam, all in the name of science, of course.... It could be interesting.
My dear hubby vetoed that idea in a hurry. (I think it was the 8 hrs. part) : )
So, that person is now considering "Do dogs prefer their food warm, cold or room temperature?" -And that just isn't nearly as much fun to study!

~Becky

No comments: