"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 27, 2007

A great combination

I know you should really try a recipe before you share it but I don't think you can miss with this
combination- two of my favorite things: Mexican food and CHOCOLATE! : )
I'm going to make these tonight.

Chocolate Chimichangas!!!!!!! (what a great idea!)

6 chocolate bars (my hubby and Nathan said it had to be Snickers-they think alike.) : )
6 flour tortillas
oil for frying
raspberry sauce (recipe provided)
vanilla ice cream

Put a candy bar into a tortilla and wrap it like a burrito. Wrap all of them and then place them on a baking sheet and freeze for 20 min. Heat up the oil. Fry the tortillas until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Serve with raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream on top.

Now, I think they'd be wonderful without the raspberry sauce because this sounds like too much work for
me. : ) But here is the recipe if you want to try it:

Raspberry sauce

10 oz. frozen raspberries
1/2 c. sugar
3 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. cornstarch

Combine berries, sugar and lemon and bring to boil. Simmer uncovered for 5 min. or until thick. Let cool completely away from heat. Strain it and discard pulp. (maybe it would be good in pancakes or muffins?)
Whisk in 1 tsp. cornstarch. Bring to boil for 1 or 2 min. Until thick. (it can be stored for up to 3 days)


If anyone wants an awesome chicken chimichanga recipe, just let me know. (it's my sister in law's and so yummy!)
~Becky

(Note: Chocolate Chimichangas from latest issue of Reader's Digest)

No comments: