"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 31, 2017

Wednesdays in the Word

Today, I was reading in Daniel. The famous chapter about the lion's den.
And I was struck with the fact, that this man of God was not delivered at any point BEFORE this, but DURING.

Then I thought about Joseph. He wasn't delivered out of the pit by an angel before he was sold into slavery. And he wasn't delivered before he went to jail for a false accusation.

Then I thought about Daniel's three friends, whose names I probably can't spell. ; )
They weren't delivered from the fiery furnance before it was turned up seven times hotter. They didn't get to avoid being thrown in.
But He did join them there! Amen?

He didn't deliver these people FROM the crummy stuff, but He was present DURING!
What have you been asked to walk through?
Following Christ doesn't seem to mean getting to avert the really hard stuff. But He does come!
He definitely comes!

"My God sent His angel and shut the lion' mouths so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Do not therefore be grieved or angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life. So now it wasn't you who sent me here but God and He made me a father to Pharoah, and lord of all his house...and lord of all Eygpt." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Did we not cast three men bound into the fire? Look! I see FOUR men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. 

~Becky

1 comment:

Bob Millsaps said...

Very Nice Blog. I am an Assembly of God pastor. So many people feel like should deliver them BEFORE. But you are right. He delivers us DURING. I am new to the blog world.
Do you have any advice for me?