"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 12, 2017

Doing life together

Last year, one of my friends took me to lunch and told me about her vision for pouring into womens' lives through a regular Bible study. Her desire was for this group of women to become close friends, who do life together and encourage one another.
I remember not being sure if I wanted to 'do life' with a bunch of women because of some past experiences I've had with friendships with women who were competitive. Blah!

God was surely in this idea and it has been a wonderful year.

Most of the ladies in this group are my age or younger. Some of them have kids the same ages as mine and some have little ones. Most are married but hanging out with them doesn't remind me that I'm a widow, just that I am a Christ follower. Praise God!
Some are new believers and some aren't.
We are big Judah Smith fans and have done several of his Bible studies this year, the latest being "How's Your Soul," which was really good.

We pray for each other in person and whenever needed. We've seen each other through some really BIG things. (good and bad) And we always cheer each other on!
Being with them has certainly been good for my soul! They have seen me through a lot of tearful evenings this year and they make me laugh until I almost cry!
Love them!

~Becky

No comments: