"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 1, 2017

Anne with an 'e'

When I was in high school, Disney made the Anne of Green Gables series and I was smitten for life! : )  When I got married and moved away from home, I took the VHS tapes with me!
Then I raised my kids on them. Even my hubby could quote lines from it.

My sister and I recently spent next door to forever trying to hook up an old VCR so that we could watch those exact VHS tapes at Thanksgiving when she was here. It was so much fun!
So, for Christmas I bought it for her on DVD. -bless God! I can't believe how long rewinding used to take! ; )
And guess what she got me for Christmas? The very same thing! LOL 

The other day when I was at the library, they were having a book sale and I found the first book on CD for one lovely dollar! I was so excited!
Joy has it in her car as is listening to it now. -"Train up a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it." LOL  ; ) 

Mark Twain called Anne of Green Gables "the sweetest creation of child life yet written." : )


~Becky

No comments: