"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

December 22, 2016

The Advent books my kids can't get enough of

Our kids grew up on this series for Advent. 



I'm pretty sure we read Jotham's journey at least twice if not three times. 

So many memories come to mind because of this series...
The year that I decided I just had to have a Yule log to put our Advent candles in and so my sweet hubby made one. But I found out that a log with holes in it, is just NOT the cutest candle holder you've ever seen. And so I got over that fad quick.
We all remember the night it was Joy's turn to blow out the candle and in her excitment she blew SO hard, she accidentally blew hot wax into little Andrew's face. : ( 
And the memory we talked about last night was the fact that Nathan had a dance he did whenever Hubby or I read the name of the antagonist in the story. It was the Decca of Megdo dance and did it ever spice up the story. LOL


 I found out that the author had finally come out with a 4th book and guess what? 

My 23 and 21 year olds said that I HAD to buy it! And that we have to read it!!!
~I would say that is a pretty high endorsement for a kids series. LOL

And so last night, me and my adult (and almost adult) kiddos got cozy on the couches



and started reading this book! 


And it r It really was the sweetest way to spend an evening!~Becky

No comments: