"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 4, 2016

Our family's band


Our family's band is Switchfoot.
They were my Hubby's favorite.
We raised our kids listening to them.
 He and the kids learned to play their favorite songs together on their instruments. We listened to Switchfoot while building an addition onto our house. Hubby chose one of their songs to be our family's anthem during the cancer battle. And my kids sang and played one of their songs at Hubby's memorial service.

They will be in concert in our city tonight! With Relient K! How epic is that!?

Here is an example of how we all differ in regards to this and dealing with grief:

-Two of our kids are going to see the concert and are so excited! They wouldn't miss it for anything!
-One of our kids can't even listen to the band right now and didn't get their new album
-And for the other one, just talking about the band caused so much grief that their body literally, physically hurt

Everyone is different.

I was going to go and then I realized that I
would literally cry through the whole thing. I cry a lot.
 Anyway, I decided I would much rather treasure the memory of seeing them in concert WITH him
than go again without him. :)

So, there you have it. Switchfoot will always have a big piece of our hearts!

Learning,

-Becky

No comments: