"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 10, 2016

The weekend

On Friday morning, to my surprise,  I found out that our street did not even flood during Hurricane Matthew.
This is what happened to my neighbor's car during Hermine.


Which means that we have definitely learned not to park under any of the oak trees on our street during a hurricane. So, I was really surprised to their car parked under the same tree as we awaited Matthew! Yikes!
-A branch did fall but it was from another neighbor's oak tree and thankfully, it missed their car. 

Now that I have a full time job,  I absolutely love and appreciate weekends! I spent a lot of this one cleaning, reading, cooking and even baking and I loved it!
And also exercising!  80's style!
Once upon a time, I bought an aerobics video by Stormie Ormartian, who authored all those awesome books on prayer. (Power of a Praying....) Her books were definitely a blessing to my prayer life!
I loved the exercise video, but I especially loved the music on it. It was the first time I had ever heard contemporary praise and worship music!
Well, I recently found that same VHS tape in my attic and since it was never made into a DVD, I decided I wanted to own a VCR again and try it out. LOL
(this also means that I can play all my old Anne of Green Gables tapes again) ♥️


 It was definitely a blast from the past!
And much harder than I remembered. LOL

Oh, the 80's!


~Becky

No comments: