"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 12, 2016

A sheep and his Shepherd

The other day I found some papers that my hubby wrote in college. One of them was on Psalm 23 and I read it knowing how much that Psalm has always meant to him. This part touched my heart:

     "There is one aspect of my old life I will never forget,
And that was the beauty of coming out of it.
I hope that someday I too can share the good news about Jesus
with a lost sheep looking for a shepherd."

He wrote this in 1989, and I'm happy to say that he spent his life doing that very thing! And there were so many lost sheep....

~Becky

Edited to note:
For our far away friends, you can still watch his memorial service on You Tube. Just search his name. Our kids played and sang one of his favorite songs that just happened to be based on Psalm 23!
Someone told me last week that "Everything they said about him at his memorial was true, unlke some funerals! "  lol  ☺I thought so!

No comments: