"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 1, 2014

Wednesdays in the Word

I love the courage of Caleb, in regards to the promise land in Numbers 13:
"Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are able to overcome it."
This got me thinking about being an overcomer. 
We all have the giants to fight, ours just don't happen to be literal, like Caleb's. 
Then the Bible geek in me got excited and I did a word study on all the verses that mention "overcome" and I got my socks blessed off. Here's what I learned:

Jesus overcame the world.
"Here on earth you will have many sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." Jn.16:33

He gave us the power to overcome it. 
"Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" 1 Jn.5:5

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1Jn.4:4

"And this is the victory that has overcome the world -our faith." 1 Jn.5:4

"And they overcame him (the accuser of the brethren) by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony..." Rev.12:11

He expects us to be overcomers. 
"To him who overcomes, I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Rev. 3:21

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Rom.12:21

"I write to you young men, because you have overcome the wicked one." 1 Jn.2:13

He has some glorious rewards in store for His overcomers.
"He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death." Rev. 2:11

"To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." Rev.2:7

"To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna to eat..." Rev.2:17

"To him who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations." Rev. 2:26

"He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name." Rev.3:12

"He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son." Rev.21:7

*My favorite: "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot his name from the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and his angels." Rev.3:5
Amen!
So, what giants can we overcome for our Lord and King today?
Keep in mind, in the fight, that you are His called, chosen, and faithful ones.

"These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings, and those who are with Him are called, chosen and faithful."  Rev.7:14
Hallelujah!

~Becky

No comments: