"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 18, 2014

Our new normal

Week 4 of treatments was not much fun. Hubby felt pretty weak and crummy most of the time, but he's pressing through and is always joyful.
The kids have been writing encouraging notes for him to find inside his Bible each morning. Love them!

I've added chauffeur and nurse to my 'job' description lately.
Since he is too weak to do any driving right now, I am driving him to work each morning, where they are doing a remodel in a beautiful gated community. He checks things out and gives directions to his crew, while I wait in the car and read and then after about 45 minutes, we head home. He's pretty exhausted by then. We head home and he rests and then at 4:30 we head to the hospital for his treatments.
His last day will be October 31st. Can't wait! (that will also be the 20th anniversary of the day we bought our house)

Hubby jokes that chemotherapy is his 'truth serum,' so that has led to some funny conversations. He's pretty blunt these days. I never used to hear him criticize other drivers until now. LOL 
And, speaking of driving, I'm not going to get through this trial without becoming a better driver myself. Whenever I take a turn or a speed bump too fast, he moans. Bless his nauseous heart! So, I'm working on that and the route to the hospital gives me plenty of practice.

I used to think these signs were silly,
and maybe they still are, ; )
but I got to park in one last weekend, which was fun!

We love our Prius and spending $25 a week in gas! : )
That's about all that's going on here.
On Monday, he has a 3 hour chemotherapy treatment where they literally put platinum in his body! The first time he had this treatment done, he felt pretty rough afterwards. Prayers appreciated! : )

~Becky

No comments: