"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 11, 2014

This and that

 I've been planting marigolds because nothing says spring like some bright yellow in your front yard,
and I've been raking never-ending piles of leaves because we have oak trees.

I've been on the quest to find a cute Easter dress for our 17 year old who hates to shop (how can that be?!) : ) And who sings in the front row of the choir. The choir has certain WONDERFUL rules of modesty for an outfit that need to be followed, which have been the same as our own personal rules of modesty, but were recently tweaked and made a wee bit more strict. All that to say, that it takes some doing to find something in the budget that meets the standards and I feel like I have shopped till I've almost dropped.

Our youngest teen had his annual testing this week, which means we were cramming in things we don't normally study like, say, longitude and latitude! And I could be heard saying, "I don't know, google it" more than once. ; )  He's in Algebra 2 but was rusty on the basic normal math that would be on the test so then I went into Homeschool Mom Panic mode!!! But the Internet saved the day with an awesome website that reviewed everything for his grade and corrected his problems on the spot and taught him the ones he'd forgotten how to do. (it's called IXL.com if your kiddos are ever in need of review) (not a paid ad, just a thankful momma!) The best part is, he said he ACED his test! : )

My brother-in-law is still healing from his sprained ankle, so care-giving has been a little more complicated this week.

We are going to a fund raiser tonight to support this ministry in their fight against human trafficking! It is a four course meal in someone's home and we've been asked  to wear our "finest black and white." I was totally stressing over what to wear for DAYS as if the Easter Dress Quest of 2014 was not enough!!!! ; )  And then I finally, finally, remembered I own a black dress that I rarely have a reason to wear. Relief abounds!

Hope you all have a great weekend and have some gorgeous spring weather to enjoy where you are (and no reason to have to go clothes shopping. LOL!) 
~Becky 





No comments: