"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 13, 2014

The weekend, football and other things

-Now there's an exciting title! ; )

We were a house divided yesterday during the playoffs, since hubby and I were each cheering for our own hometown teams, the Chargers and the Broncos. Oh Chargers! What can I say....

It was a weekend full of football and full of various visiting teens.
Just when you realize that you are exhausted, you remember that little prayer you prayed that went like this:
 "Dear God, Please make our house the house that teenagers want to hang out at" and then you feel all better...and go buy more food. : )

Who else but us, Floridians, have weather in the high 40's for a couple days a week and then the high 80's?  Last week, I wore the boots, a sweater and my big coat (that I can only wear once or twice a year) and then it was back to shorts and flip flops! Weird, but the plus side is that there is no chance of getting bored with your wardrobe...

I'm back to exercising on the treadmill. Yay! I missed it! We had to move the treadmill to put our Christmas tree in the window and then we found out that it didn't work on carpet and so I couldn't use it during the holiday season. Don't ask about that space of time between when I took down the Christmas tree and moved it back to its spot and still didn't use it though... (lol)

I'm SO excited about salads in a jar! Aren't these great!?

 They last for 3 days in the fridge without wilting if you pack the layers in the right order. (salad dressing on bottom, hard veggies, meats, soft veggies, lettuce, leafy greens and then a paper towel on top -to absorb moisture and then the lid!) Aren't they pretty?


We have a friend on the Wheat Belly Diet, so I read about it and I gave that a try for.... about 24 hours. Gluten free bread is not something I can live with. Unfortunately, it and Styrofoam have a lot in common.
 I'm just going to eat less bread and try to avoid white sugar and exercise. That's my healthy plan for the new year.
In keeping with that plan, our football snacks included cantaloupe, grapes, hummus, pretzels, pita chips and spinach dip and broccoli.
-Let's just say, this menu isn't going to fly for the Super Bowl.But the fam will be all on their own for that big day, because I will be in California!
-Unfortunately, not cheering  for the Chargers.

Have a happy week!
~Becky 

1 comment:

Caren said...

Hi Becky! Those are the prettiest jars of salad I have ever seen! They look yummy. What is the serving size of each jar?