"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 16, 2014

Please pass the egg rolls

 I have to tell you about my egg roll success! 
 I live with a bunch of Chinese food connoisseurs. (CFC for short) : )
And much to their surprise, I decided to try making homemade egg rolls the other day! -I didn't know those egg roll wrappers existed in the produce section until my neighbor told me about them and explained how easy they are to make. She was right!
They were really fun to make, but I wasn't sure what my CFCs would think of them. 
To my utter amazement, 
they all said they were the best egg rolls they had ever had!!!
I was shocked!!! 
-Let me tell you, it isn't every day that every single person likes what I made for dinner! -Unless I just grill burgers. Speaking of which, I got a George Foreman grill for Christmas and I told my hubby that I may never light another grill again! The burgers were so juicy unlike the hockey pucks I occasionally accidentally make. : )

Egg Rolls

4 cups of shredded cooked chicken
1 bag of thinly sliced cabbage 
1/2 bag of shredded carrots 
(bean sprouts optional)

Take all of these and put them in a mixture of 1/2 c. of soy sauce and 1/4 cup of light brown sugar along with two tsp of garlic salt. (if you have ginger, add that. I didn't) and stir. 
Then take your egg roll wrappers and go to town! I used a beat egg as the 'glue' to help seal the egg rolls after folding. 
Those wrappers the best! They never tore no matter how I tugged, tucked or refolded them! 
I fried mine because I was fixing them for the CFCs of my world : ) but if they were for just Hubby and I, I totally would have tried spraying them with cooking spray and baking them. 
We bought a pre-made sweet and sour sauce for dipping and used some of our left over packets of various sauces from the many trips the CFCs have made to Panda Express. : )
Serve with stir fry veggies and enjoy!

~I must have made zitti a little too often recently, because a certain somebody asked if me if egg rolls could 'be the new zitti.' LOL

~Becky

No comments: