"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 9, 2014

My heart is full

We had two + weeks of fun and are now trying to ease our way back into our real life, which  includes me driving two teenagers all over creation and homeschooling. (and hopefully exercising after all that EATING)

We had an absolute blast over the break!

It was soooo great to have our son home after 4 months away. It is wonderful to know that he loves his life in CA, he got great grades and loves his ministry job.

On the way to the airport I told him that small empty hole that exists in the family when he's away, was filled and it was SOOOO much fun to have him here. His brothers corrected me and said that it isn't a 'small' hole. Zac said it is a large one and Andrew described it as some kind of vortex hole in Star Trek. Bless them!
Anyway, it was fun to be a family of six and joke, tease, quote our favorite movie lines, share our memories, celebrate the season and not be missing someone! : )

There were parties, a concert, jamming sessions, movies, gaming with Nate's Christmas gift to us, bonfires, a crazy camping trip, awesome worship services, lots of family nights, dinner with special friends, and much more. It ended with 2 crazy days of shopping.

In an unexpected turn of events, my bestie drove from Chicago to FL during the break. It was like getting an unexpected Christmas gift!
-One evening when I checked my Facebook messages, I realized that everyone that usually messages me, was staying in my house that night! Happy moment! : )

I'm really thankful that I have a plane ticket to CA waiting for me to use in February, so I wasn't a sad mess when we had to say our good-byes on Tuesday. He was so cute saying "Don't cry, Mom, I'll see you on the west side soon." Yay!

~Becky

No comments: